KING JAMES BIBLE vs. NIV
by Bob Thompson
What have the translators of the NIV done to the Bible? Answer:
PERVERSIONS & DELETIONS OF SCRIPTURE!
Webster’s New World Dictionary. 3rd College Edition, 1993: Definition of “ pervert”: “To cause to turn from what is considered right, good or true, misdirect, lead astray, corrupt, distort, twist.”
1. PERVERTING THE DEITY OF CHRIST: 1 Timothy 3:16: KJV renders it: “Great is the mystery of godliness. GOD was manifest in the flesh.....”
But the New International says, He appeared in a body.....” So? Haven’t we all appeared in a body? The deity of Christ could not have been more deftly or wickedly circumvented?
2. PERVERTING THE VIRGIN BIRTH: Luke 2:33 in the KJV says, “And JOSEPH and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.”
NIV: ‘The child’s FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about Him.” Reader, was Joseph really the FATHER of the child Jesus? Not if you believe Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7; Matt. 1:16-21; Matt. 1:23 and 1 Tim. 3:16.
3. OBLITERATING THE BLOOD OF CHRIST: Col. 1:14 - “In Whom we have redemption through His BLOOD, even the forgiveness of sins.” says the King James Version.
BUT IN THE NIV, “through His blood” is deleted, even though Heb. 9:22 clearly states that “without the shedding of blood is no remission.”
4. ROBBING CHRIST OF WORSHIP: In each of the following references, the word “WORSHIP” is deleted from the NIV: See Matt. 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 18:26; 20:20, Mark 5-6, 15:19. Not so with the King James Version.
5. NIV HONORS LUCIFER: In Isa. 14:12 NIV reads, “How you have fallen from heaven, O Morning Star, son of the dawn....” But the KJV reveals that it is Christ, not Lucifer, who is the morning star” See KJV’S Rev. 22:16..
6. We’re told that the NIV is easier to read and understand. But according to a Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level research study, the King James Bible is by far the easiest to understand. Out of 26 categories, the King James graded easier in 23 of those categories.
7. We’re informed by liberals, who are bent on destroying KJV credibility, that “Older and more reliable manuscripts have been discovered since the King James Bible. But Dr. Sam Gipp writes, “The fact is, that the King James translators had ALL OF THE READINGS available to them that modern critics have available today.” (“The Answer Book,” Gipp, p. 110).
8. It is being trumpeted that the NIV is more accurate. In fact, the KJB is a literal word for word translation. When the translators had to add words for sentence structure, they put them in italics so that it was understood they were interpolated. The NIV used what translators refer to as “dynamic equivalence.” which allows translators to add, change and subtract to make the verse say what they “thought” it should. A word for word translation is far more safer, more reliable, and more accurate because it follows a disciplined, carefully monitored scholastic process.
NIV USES THE EDITOR’S PEN TO WEAKEN LUKE 4:4. The Lord Jesus, during His 40 day temptation in the wilderness, quoted Deut. 8:3 to Lucifer, That verse says, “...to teach you that man does not live on bread alone BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF THE LORD.” When translating Luke 4;4, however, the NIV omitted the last half, the most important half, of that verse in Deut. Why? Why the omission? Did the translators actually think the Lord Jesus couldn’t remember the second half of the verse? Surely not! Then why was it omitted?
One, two, or even three omissions can be excused as oversight, carelessness, or poor scholarship, but NOT thirty seven! Look them over:
EDITORS NOTE: From Europe to the Near East, 95% of the Bibles were based upon the Greek text known as the Byzantine, Antioch, Textus Receptus, or majority text. The modern English versions are from the 4th C. text from Alexandria, Egypt. It reflects what you might expect from the Alexandrian School of philosophers and Gnostics which is... (1) Jesus wasn't the Christ, (2) Christ didn't come in the flesh, and (3) Jesus didn't recognize God as his father. (See 1 John 4:3, KJV) Westcott & Hort further perverted the translation and Modernist Liberals prefer it because that is what they believe. See Gail A. Riplinger's "New Age Bible Versions" and Les Garrett's "Which Bible Can We Trust?" and his videos on YouTube, for the overwhelmingly shocking evidence. The modernists edit verses so that deity is removed and liberal social issues are protected. The references compare texts side-by-side, and even show a list of opposites, as well as many hundreds of deletions. Each update of the NIV has been progressively worst.
Return to Navigation